Friday, September 4, 2009

In Dublin







DJ - 9-7-09 Added some pictures, these are of a castle and cultural center. The only wildlife I have seen so far! There are sheep everywhere. The little hut is thatch drying.

DJ - 9/4/09 We are in Dublin, but leaving for Liverpool tomorrow. Wake-up call at 5:30 am! I have struggled for several minutes here trying to get this computer to load pictures with no luck. Will try at the next one. I took a picture of Sweet Molly Malone of cockels and mussels alive, alive O fame. I did not know that she was selling more than fish!

K: Spent the whole day in Dublin. I was so excited to be here. (Didn't run into Maeve Binchy though) Did a bus tour of the city then a tour of Jameson Whiskey Distillery. Everybody got a drink at the end, of course. Then went to Trinity College and saw the Book of Kells. Shopping after that and some lunch at Davey Byrnes' Pub. Den had his Guiness. If you drink it anywhere but Ireland, it's poison. ha. Tonight we're going to dinner and cabaret with comedy, music and dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment