Saturday, August 27, 2011
Canada 2011 8/27
In Prince George, stopped at historic Fort St. James an early Hudson Bay fur trading post that has been restored. Staffed with period actors. They were having a BC Metis gathering. Metis are mixed white and "first nation". Free buffalo burger, dancing and fiddle playing band. They played a Bob Wells tune while I had a coffee and a bannock. Watched the chicken race and I visited with and old guy who had a friend coming from Sweden to hunt bear and moose. Wanted to know "Seen any, a?" We had seen a sow and 2 cubs on the way in and I told him that. We have only seen 3 moose and one of them had a collar and a limp. I am convinced they have eaten all of their moose's! I took a couple more pictures of the "first easy chair", might try to make one. Worlds largest fly rod is in Houston. Have not had to be towed, but have the windshield crack to verify travel on the Alaska Highway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment